Step 2: Adding Students
You can’t teach if you don’t have any students. You can either add each student manually or you can import a student list.
Adding Students Manually:
- Navigate to “Students” from the main menu on the left.
- Click on the green “+ Add Student” button.
- Enter your student details (student first and last name are required).
- Assign the student to a teacher.
- Choose whether this new student belongs to a “New Family” or an “Existing Family“.
- Enter in your family contact details (parent first and last name are required).
- Click the green “Finish” button.
Importing Student List:
For the best results, we recommend that you filter your spreadsheet to one teacher at a time. Repeat for other teachers as necessary.
- Navigate to "Students" from the main menu on the left.
- Click the purple "Tools" button.
- Select "Import Students" from the drop down menu.
- Select a "Teacher" from the drop-down menu. (Filter your student list spreadsheet to the selected teacher.)
- Copy & paste your student contact list from your favorite spreadsheet application, such as Microsoft Excel or Numbers, into the space provided.
- Click “Next” and follow the prompts. My School Books will automatically map all relevant fields. Map any additional data as required.
- Click “Finish“.
Tip: In most cases, a teacher's students will have the same lesson price so My School Books will assign this default billing rate to their students. You can always modify an individual student's rate from the Students menu. Click the blue "Zoom" button to the left of the student's name and navigate to the "Teachers" tab.
To edit a teacher's default settings, navigate to the Teachers & Admins menu. Click the blue "Edit" button to the left of the teacher's name. Click the "Default Settings" tab. The default settings will only be used when a new student is assigned to the teacher. If you wish to change a student's lesson price, use the instructions above.
Click Here for Step 3: Schedule Lessons